Club Member Policy
SDCC have adopted policies, procedures, rules and regulations ("policies") which are designed to provide the safe and enjoyable environment of our premises and events by you - our members and guests.
These policies apply to your conduct on any and all SDCC premises, which include namely its Parish Centres and any related outdoor areas, including car parks, and outdoor seating.
These policies supplement those posted or otherwise provided in our Centres, on our website or at our events.
If you violate any of these policies, your membership and/or Centre access may be suspended or terminated. Our decision on all questions regarding construction or interpretation of these policies is final.
We may change these policies at any time without notice at our sole discretion. You may find the most recent version of these policies here . As a member or guest of SDCC, you are responsible to review and comply with these policies at all times.
- Proper Conduct. We strive to uphold a safe, and relaxing environment. As such, we expect proper, respectful conduct on the premises at all times. We do not permit disrespectful conduct toward our members, guests, employees, contractors or property including, but not limited to vulgar, profane, indecent, offensive, violent, hostile, aggressive, threatening, harassing, stalking, fraudulent, or other inappropriate conduct or communications.
- Weapons. You may not bring or use weapons of any kind on the premises for any reason.
- Membership Cards. As a member, you may not enter the Centre without your membership card, whether electronic or physical. If you lose your membership card, you may have to pay a fee to replace it.
- Personal Belongings. SDCC bear no responsibility or liability for lost, stolen or damaged personal property, whether from within the Centre, vehicles or other locations on the premises. Please inquire in person at the relevant Centre for lost articles that may have been found.
- Injuries. If you suffer an injury while on the premises, please seek immediate assistance from a member of the Centre staff. A staff member can provide or arrange for appropriate medical assistance and complete an incident report.
- Photography and Video. Professional photography and recording of video on the premises is not allowed without the advance approval of the SDCC Senior Management Team. Personal photography is allowed in public areas of the club only. You must have written consent to photograph any other member, guest or staff member or contactor if the images are to be used for marketing or business purposes or to be posted on a public website or social media site. Verbal consent is acceptable if you know the individuals whom you are photographing or filming and the purpose is to obtain a personal memory of an event. You must always ask parents for consent to photograph or film children. If a Parent or individual does not want to be photographed or filmed, then you must respect their wishes. Continuing to film or take photographs against consent will be regarded as harassment and will result in your membership being cancelled.
- SDCC allows certain staff members to take images of members and guests for social media purposes, including programmed events and celebrations. On such occasions there will be notices placed around the building at the event or function. Images may be used for future marketing purposes and placed on a website, or used on a leaflet and circulated to the public at large. If you have any questions then please speak to a member of our team and If you do not wish to have images taken, please let the staff member know. Our full privacy notice can be viewed here.
- WiFi. By accessing the Centre WiFi network, you agree not to use the network to transmit any material that violates any applicable laws, rules or regulations or to defame, harm or threaten or attempt to harm other persons, businesses or other entities. You also agree not to use our wireless network to transmit any material that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party. You agree not to violate the security or integrity of our wireless network or to use our network to violate the security or integrity of any other network. Any such acts may result in criminal and civil liabilities to you. Use of this wireless connection is entirely at your risk and SDCC disclaims all liability for loss of confidential information or damages resulting from that loss. We make no promises, representations or warranties of any kind concerning the suitability or security of this service and specifically disclaim all warranties of fitness for a particular purpose of security. The wireless service is provided “As Is.” You will remain connected to the SDCC wireless network until you disconnect. By using the wireless service, you agree to indemnify us, our staff, officers and agents against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses made against or incurred, suffered or sustained arising out of your use of the wireless service and agree that in no event will we be liable for any damages, including but not limited to any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with your use of or inability to use the wireless service. We may block access or terminate the wireless service at any time and for any reason and assume no liability for doing so. We may record information about your usage of our network and may use or disclose such information when appropriate to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SDCC.
- Alcohol. You may not consume alcohol on the premises unless it is purchased from or otherwise provided by the Centre, and only then in designated areas. You must be of legal age and have valid identification to consume alcohol. Alcohol must be consumed responsibly and you assume all risks associated with your consumption. SDCC reserves the right to refuse alcohol service to anyone at any time and ask the member to leave the Centre (premises) if the Centre staff have reason to believe you are under the influence of alcohol.
- Drugs. SDCC have a zero tolerance to illegal drugs and substances. You may not use, possess or sell any illegal drugs or substances on the premises. SDCC reserves the right to ask the member to leave the Centre (premises) if the Centre staff have reason to believe you are in the possession or under the influence of any illegal drugs and reserve the right to call the police.
- Smoking. You may not smoke or use any electronic cigarette products in any SDCC premises except in the designated smoking areas.
- Centre Closure or Access Restrictions. We reserve the right to close or restrict access, without advance notice, to any area of or the entire centre or premises for any reason, including but not limited to closures or restrictions related to construction, remodelling, repair, or maintenance (whether planned or unplanned) or for health or safety reasons, including but not limited to weather, natural disasters, power outages, and medical issues. Your obligation to pay membership dues is not dependent upon usage, availability or access to the centre.
- Animals. You may not bring any animal on the premises unless it is a service animal performing its duties in the care of a person who requires its assistance or is an on-duty law enforcement animal.
- Damage to Centre. You may not damage the Centre in any way, including but not limited to any damage to, or theft of, equipment, or other centre owned property, e.g. snooker/pool balls breaking lights. If you, or a guest on your membership, damages the Centre, you must pay for it.
- Membership Suspension or Termination. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your membership at any time for a failure to comply with these or any of our other rules, regulations, procedures or policies (which may be amended as necessary), or for conduct we determine to be improper or contrary to our best interests.